Colors impact us in our daily life and how could we forget them in fashion? Ever wondered there is a psychology behind colors. Colors have the potential to make you feel happy or sad, hungry or relaxed.
Here is some psychology behind colors and how are we associated with them.
1) Red:- Positive: Physical courage, strength, warmth, energy, basic survival, ‘fight or flight’, stimulation, masculinity, excitement,aggression
Red is the hot, crazy girl of colors, evoking powerful emotions such as fear, anger and passion.The mood red conveys changes dramatically when you lighten it (sweet and innocent pink) or darken it (sophisticated burgundy).
2) Blue:- Intelligence, communication, trust, efficiency, serenity, duty, logic, coolness, reflection, calm
Blue is associated with trustworthiness, strength and dependability — hence, the blue power suit because it projects that image of dependability and trustworthiness.
3) Green:- Harmony, balance, refreshment, universal love, rest, restoration, reassurance, environmental awareness, equilibrium, peace.
Green also looks good on every skin type and has a wide range of shades that allow you to modify your mood — from serious and sophisticated to fresh and bright.
4) Yellow:- Optimism, confidence, self-esteem, extraversion, emotional strength, friendliness, creativity.
Wearing yellow creates a very open atmosphere with people as it is an inviting color.
5) Orange:- Physical comfort, food, warmth, security, sensuality, passion, abundance, fun.
Orange is a combination of sunniness of yellow and depth of red. As its in the middle, It’s also the color to choose when you want to stand out without taking a big risk.
6) Black:- Sophistication, glamour, security, emotional safety, efficiency, substance.
Black is clearly the go-to color when you want to look more regal and formal. It can be very elegant too.
7) White:- Hygiene, sterility, clarity, purity, cleanness, simplicity, sophistication, efficiency.
Visually, white gives a heightened perception of space.
8) Violet:- stimulates intuition, imagination, universal flow, meditation, artistic qualities.
It is highly introvertive and encourages deep contemplation, or meditation. It has associations with royalty and usually communicates the finest possible quality.
9) Pink:- Physical tranquility, nurture, warmth, femininity, love, survival of the species.
Pink is a powerful color, psychologically. It represents the feminine principle, and survival of the species; it is nurturing and physically soothing..
10) Brown:- Seriousness, warmth, Nature, earthiness, reliability, support, lack of humour.
Brown is a combination of red and yellow and a large percentage of black, it warm and softer and related to nature and earth. Therefore some people find it supportive.